NonlinearRegress with weight

I'm using NonlinearRegress with weights.  The weights are strictly
monotonic.  When I run NonlinearRegress with them monotonically
decreasing it runs just fine.  But if I run NonlinearRegress with the
weights (and the data) reversed; i.e. the weights being monotonically
increasing, NonlinearRegress crashes.

Is this reasonalble behavior?  I had expected the same answer
regardless of the order of the weights and the data.

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers, Scott