Re: programming books / tutorials

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68871] Re: programming books / tutorials
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:33:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

corrallia81 at wrote:
> Can anyone suggest me some good books in programming with Mathematica?
Wellin, Paul, _Introduction to Programming with Mathematica_, Third
Edition, Cambridge University Press, 2005.

> Also I look for online programming tutorials in Mathematica notebook format.

Gaylord, Richard, _Fundamentals of Mathematica Programming_,

> Finally, how can I "persuade" Google to search only for Mathematica notebooks
> when performing a search regarding Mathematica?

Use the keyword 'filetype' set to 'nb' for notebooks, to 'pdf' for
Acrobat documents, and so on. For instance,

programming mathematica filetype:nb
programming mathematica filetype:pdf