Re: path along equi-contours

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg68993] Re: path along equi-contours
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 02:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

what may ContourPlot3D[] do ? compute a surface
c=f[x,y,z] ???

"Skip Egley" <Skip.Egley at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ecmh1d$9de$1 at
| Hi,
| I have a rather complicated scalar function over
real space, let's call it S(x,y,z).
| Would it be possible to get Mathematica to find
the equi-contours of this function spaced by a
certain delta S, and delta x, delta y, delta z, or
better yet, delta l = sqrt ( (delta x)^2 + (delta
y)^2 + (delta z)^2 )?
| That's a small l above (delta l), for line
| Now that I think about it, I would have to give
it an error tolerance, let's say epsilon. So it
would need to find S sub i (for the i'th value)
plus or minus epsilon.
| It sounds so easy to say, or write down, but I
don't even know where to start to have Mathematica
do this.