Re: path along equi-contours
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg68993] Re: path along equi-contours
- From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 02:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
what may ContourPlot3D do ? compute a surface
"Skip Egley" <Skip.Egley at synopsys.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ecmh1d$9de$1 at smc.vnet.net...
| I have a rather complicated scalar function over
real space, let's call it S(x,y,z).
| Would it be possible to get Mathematica to find
the equi-contours of this function spaced by a
certain delta S, and delta x, delta y, delta z, or
better yet, delta l = sqrt ( (delta x)^2 + (delta
y)^2 + (delta z)^2 )?
| That's a small l above (delta l), for line
| Now that I think about it, I would have to give
it an error tolerance, let's say epsilon. So it
would need to find S sub i (for the i'th value)
plus or minus epsilon.
| It sounds so easy to say, or write down, but I
don't even know where to start to have Mathematica
Prev by Date:
Re: Change of Basis function
Next by Date:
Re: Symmetric polynomials
Previous by thread:
path along equi-contours
Next by thread:
General--Exponential simplifications by default