Re: change of default behavoir for workbench

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69072] Re: [mg68973] change of default behavoir for workbench
  • From: Bruce Miller <brucem at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:26:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 02:03:55AM -0400, Chris Chiasson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If an error is encountered in .MathematicaResources, Wolfram Workbench
> executes all *.m files in the project. I think this is horrible
> behavior. I didn't loose any data because of it (that's what version
> control is for), but I think this is a bad default setting. Also,
> could someone please explain the accepted syntax of
> .MathematicaResources in detail?
>
> --
> http://chris.chiasson.name/

Mr. Chiasson,

A developer suggests,
======================================
The .MathematicaResources file can (and should) be edited
from the project properties pane.  Right click on the project
folder, then choose properties, then you can edit the values
in the Mathematica section of the pane.

I tried to reproduce the user's report by making an error in
that file, and nothing strange happened.

Something that may have tripped him here is that notebooks in a
project are set up to load all sources in the project when you
launch them in run or debug mode.  This can be turned off by
right clicking the notebook then unchecking the box for loading
all files on startup.

The accepted syntax for .MathematicaResources is to use the
properties pane as I explained above.

Bruce Miller
Technical Support
Wolfram Research, Inc.