Re: Re: change of default behavoir for workbench

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg69119] Re: [mg69072] Re: [mg68973] change of default behavoir for workbench
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:34:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

If, by "nothing strange" the developer means that Mathematica executed
all the .m files in the project - versus only producing an error and
doing nothing, then I am still pointing out that execuing all the .m
files is a bad default behavior. Mathematica code is capable of doing
all sorts of things involving the file system. I respectfully submit
that when code that manipulates the file system can run inadvertently
because of a syntax error in .MathematicaResources (and because the
code is somewhere inside the project), I think that is a bad design.

It'd be similar to BASH executing all the programs in /usr/bin because
the user typed the wrong command name.