RE: Something wrong with my FrontEnd?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg69109] RE: [mg69053] Something wrong with my FrontEnd?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:33:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've noticed something like that also, on a slower and older system. It may
have only appeared in Version 5.2. (I'm not certain about that.)

However, this delay only occurs the first time I bring up Mathematica Help
after booting up my system. For the rest of the day it is nearly

David Park
djmp at

From: Christoph Lhotka [mailto:lhotka at]
To: mathgroup at

Hello !

I use two 2GHz processors, 2 GB of Ram and a 64Bit OS. My calculations run
very fast and everything seems to be ok. BUT: I have to wait five or more
seconds, when I open the HelpBrowser and want to display some content. I am
using Mathematica 5.2 and it is annoying. It seems, like Mathematica is
searching for it without finding. What's wrong with my installation)?

My hard disk is fast, this is not the reason. I have been using Version 3,
and 5 and never had such a strange effect. I have also tried to rebuild the
Help Index, it seems to slow down the searching process!!

Thank you for any comments!