Re: restart?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg69092] Re: [mg69056] restart?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:32:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

A "clean worksheet"??? If you really mean that, then just open a new
notebook window!  (From the menu, File > New.)

Or do you mean you want the Mathematica kernel to forget everything it
learned as made definitions in a notebook (or more than one notebook) at
a given Mathematica session?  That's something entirely different.

For the latter, the simplest way is probably to use the menu command
Kernel > Quit Kernel > Local.

The way you asked your question, I suspect you're trapped in the
paradigm of some other symbolic algebra program.

rick wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sure other folks have asked this question but I have not seen the
> answer so...
> How does one restart in Mathematica? Of course, one can just quit the
> application and then start over but surely there is a command that
> reverts to a clean worksheet.
> Thanks,

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305