Re: restart?

A "clean worksheet"??? If you really mean that, then just open a new
notebook window!  (From the menu, File > New.)

Or do you mean you want the Mathematica kernel to forget everything it
learned as made definitions in a notebook (or more than one notebook) at
a given Mathematica session?  That's something entirely different.

For the latter, the simplest way is probably to use the menu command
Kernel > Quit Kernel > Local.

The way you asked your question, I suspect you're trapped in the
paradigm of some other symbolic algebra program.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305