How to plot multiple surface plots each with different domains in

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72197] How to plot multiple surface plots each with different domains in
  • From: ss <s.kou at nus.edu.sg>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 05:49:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am a student and very new user to mathematica - please kindly help me out for this problem.

I am plotting 3D surface using mathematica with ParamatricPlot3D option. I used the following command:

myplot = ParametricPlot3D[Evaluate[flist], {v, -k Cos[a], 0}, {u, -k Sin[a], k Sin[a]}

"flist" is a function of {x,y,z} defined with v,u and but is also varied with k values, thus i used flist=Table[{x,y,z},{k,kmin,kmax}] to create multiple plots for each k value.

ParametricPlot3D creates a plot with a volume effect. however, there is an error - domain u,v remains the same throughout the above for each surface plotted, but both of the v,u range should vary with k!

basically, i desire that ParametricPlot3D command can take in three variables instead of maximum two, how to do this?

Many thanks in advance.