Re: Missing <<Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants` package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72244] Re: Missing <<Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants` package
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 05:17:54 -0500 (EST)

prymo at mail.bg wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I tried to perform some calculations using PhysicalConstants package,
> but to my great surprise Mathematica couldn't find it.

What command did you try?

What error message did Mathematica return?

Did you try to use any constants before loading the package?

> Then I
> examined the program directory manually and noticed that the

Did you check C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.2\AddOns\StandardPackages\Miscellaneous

> PhysicalConstants package is really missing. I use Mathematica v5.2 for
> students/Win32.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is normal for student version?
>
> I also wander where I can download this package? Already tried to find
> out - unsuccessfully by now.
> Thank in advance for any advice!
> Daniel

In a new Mathematica session try,

In[1]:=
Needs["Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants`"]

In[2]:=
Information["Miscellaneous`PhysicalConstants`*",
   LongForm -> False]

and tell us what Mathematica response is.

Regards,
Jean-Marc