Re: Problems with Set, SetDelayed and replacement rules...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72301] Re: Problems with Set, SetDelayed and replacement rules...
  • From: Johannes <ml.johannes at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:35:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi Andrzej,

Thx for your help, I think I understood where my error was.
To elaborate on this part:

> I am not sure what sort of "readability" problem you
> are referring to?
> You could of course use:
>
> f3[x_, p_] := Evaluate[f[x] /. params]
>
> but I am not sure whether this helps?

As I explained in the reply to David, the problem is that my example was just a very simplified example of my real function, which depend on several variables and parameters, with some parameters dependent on another parameter. This function I have then to inject in another function, which I want to derivate which... I noticed that all this quickly gets a nightmare, I thus wondered about a method to keep every step the clearest possible.
Your evaluate looks interesting, but I just found out that I can use params[p_] instead of params.

Thanks, Johannes