Re: Using sockets for "downloader" application in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg64306] Re: [mg64288] Using sockets for "downloader" application in Mathematica
- From: Mitch.Stonehocker at sungard.com
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 02:13:49 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
As an example this works for me... Import["http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=%5EDJI&a=09&b=1&c=20 00&d=01&e=9&f=2006&g=m&ignore=.csv","CSV"] Cheers, Mitch Stonehocker -----Original Message----- From: Renan [mailto:renan.birck at gmail.com] To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net Subject: [mg64306] [mg64288] Using sockets for "downloader" application in Mathematica Hello, I have a Mathematica program which will read data from a file. The file is in a Web server and so must be retrieved, so I use !"wget http://URL/filename" In Linux this is OK, but in Windows this is a source of trouble for me, as Windows doesn't have a 'wget' by default. So, is there some way to implement a "downloader" for a file in Mathematica? Running Mathematica 5.2, Windows XP. Thanks, Renan.