Re: Counting circles (digital image processing)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64463] Re: Counting circles (digital image processing)
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 02:49:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

label the connected components in the binarized image.
For the radius I would suggest to use a distance transform on
the binary image and the maximum value of the distance transform
in every single unconnected component is your radius

"Alexander" <beginning.physst at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dt488e$2hk$1 at
| Dear Mathgroup!
| Suppose we have a picture with a set of white
circles on a black
| background.
| How can we count circles and measure their
radius using mathematica