Re: Re: Counting circles (digital image processing)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64531] Re: [mg64463] Re: Counting circles (digital image processing)
  • From: "Maarten van der Burgt" <maarten.vanderburgt at>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:31:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I think the function KMeans[ ] in the Digital Image Processing package is
the clustering function you are looking for.
Have a look in the User`s Guide section 7.5 Segmentation by Clustering.

|        |          "Jens-Peer Kuska"      |
|        |          <kuska at informatik.uni-l|
|        |>             |
|        |                                 |
|        |          18/02/2006 08:49       |
|        |                                 |
  |                                                                                                            |
  |       To:     mathgroup at                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                  |
  |       Subject: [mg64531]     [mg64463] Re: Counting circles (digital image processing)                               |

label the connected components in the binarized image.
For the radius I would suggest to use a distance transform on
the binary image and the maximum value of the distance transform
in every single unconnected component is your radius

"Alexander" <beginning.physst at> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:dt488e$2hk$1 at
| Dear Mathgroup!
| Suppose we have a picture with a set of white
circles on a black
| background.
| How can we count circles and measure their
radius using mathematica