Re: 3D Graphics suggestions?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64653] Re: 3D Graphics suggestions?
  • From: "sugi.furuta at" <sugi.furuta at>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:53:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

For rotating 3D graphics, I use an "experimental" package called
RealTime3D, which might still be shipped by default with Mathematica -
I can tell you that it's in release 5.1.

It allows you to rotate the plot with the mouse. Unfortunately, not all
graphics and text components may be rendered (hence the

Try, e.g.,

<< RealTime3D`
Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1}]

To return to the default 3D graphics rendering state, you'll need to

<< Default3D`

Best wishes,