Does Mathematica run on HP-UX (Itanium) ?

According to the Wolfram site

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/platforms/

Mathematica 5.2 runs on HP-UX with the PA-RISC processor.

But if you had an Itanium box (specifically zx2000) running HP-UX would
it run? I'm led to believe HP-UX on 64-bit Itanium has a binary
compatabiltiy layer which allows binaries for PA-RISC to run. See:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2003/030519a.html

where it states:

"Additionally, moving to a new architecture usually creates numerous
compatibility challenges and often forces customers to leave behind
application software that they value. HP has addressed this issue nicely
with HP-UX 11i v2 for Itanium processor-based systems, which offers near
functional equality and binary compatibility to HP-UX 11i v1 for PA-RISC."

If anyone does run Mathematica on the HP-UX operating system on the
Itanium processor, what is the performance like? I have no idea how much
this binary compatability impacts performance. If the Itanium emulates
all the PC-RISC instructions, I suspect it runs slower than on the older
PA-RISC chip, despite the much higher peformance of Itanium.

I know Mathematica runs on Linux on Itanium, but that is not an option,
for other reasons, so I am just interested if it runs on HP-UX with the
Itanium processor

--
Dave K

Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE).