Re: Another limit problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67767] Re: [mg67711] Another limit problem
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 06:54:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Immediately after posting this I realized I had done something silly
(which however does not affect the main point). There is completely
no need to use Mathematica's FullSimplify and FunctionExpand and the
reference to the MathWorld site to get to the expression

Limit[s!*(E^(r*s)*(1 - r) /
    (r*s)^s),s->Infinity,Assumptions ->{0<r<1}]

In fact this can be done by hand just by looking at the original
problem as posted by Virgil. The rest of what I wrote, I think, is O.K.

Andrzej Kozlowski