Re: Restricting TransformationFunctions in FullSimplify

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg67948] Re: Restricting TransformationFunctions in FullSimplify
  • From: "sashap" <pavlyk at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:50:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

In order to achieve your goal, use pattern matching to replace parts of
your large
expression matching intended ExcludedForm with Hold. The apply Simplify
the whole expression. It would not touch held expressions, for
instance:

In[5]:= Cos[2 x] - 2*Cos[x]^2 + Hold[(Sin[x])^2 + (Cos[x])^2] //
Simplify

Out[5]= -1 + Hold[(Sin[x])^2 + (Cos[x])^2]

Oleksandr Pavlyk,
Special Functions Developer
Wolfram Research