Re: Installing AddOn
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66887] Re: Installing AddOn
- From: "Stratocaster" <stotz1 at verizon.net>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 04:09:36 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"john2" <john at 8889.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:e5miqv$l2l$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I'm pretty much a novice in Mathematica but have ventured into it > because I want to use a Stable Statistics Package from > http://www.npgcable.com/~rrimmer/StableCalculation/HTMLLinks/index_4.html > in 5.1. > > I unzipped and installed the AddOn SMath in c:/Wolfram > Research/Mathematica/5.1/AddOns/Applications/ as instructed. It should > load with the command > <<StableDistribution`SMath` Well, if that isn't working for you, just use the filepath of the unzipped file. Hopefully you can pick out which file has what you need (probably .m, but once I again, you should know this). Open it like this: <<"C:/the rest of the file path/ the file.m" Instead of "/" you might need to use "\". I forget, but one of them works. That method has worked for me, I never really "installed" a new package. I have always just referenced files from my hard drive. Hope that helps.