No StringCompare in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67148] No StringCompare in Mathematica?
- From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 04:54:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I wanted to sort a list of XMLElements based on the text in the third
descendent of the element type used to form the list. In order to set up
the comparison predicate, I had to(?) form a list of the two candidate
strings and compare it to the sorted version of itself. The sort was
fairly slow in executing. I would like to have simply done s1 < s2, but
Mathematica doesn't appear to support that. Is there a way to get that
functionality more simply than what I described?
Prev by Date:
Getting Mathematica CellTags to export to TeX?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Getting Mathematica CellTags to export to TeX?
Next by thread:
Re: No StringCompare in Mathematica?