Check vs Off ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67164] Check vs Off ?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:17:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
So, how can I suppress the printing of various error messages (like ones that say some particular evaluation produced an indeterminate result), while still using Check to replace the indeterminate (or otherwise erroneous) result with a chosen symbol, for example in a Table? For instance if evaluating myExpression sometimes produces an integer and sometimes an indeterminate result, then using myResult = Check[myExpression, "*"] helps make a Table column narrower than if it has to print out "Indeterminate" for each indeterminate result.