Re: scaled Bessel functions in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg67266] Re: scaled Bessel functions in Mathematica?
- From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:25:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, it has Bessel functions of all sorts, if you whish to multiply the result it may be simple. The most people that use the scaled versions are IEEE floating guys that try to avoid a numerical overflow. But Mathematica has a multi-precision artithmetic and so it can handle the Bessel-functions direct. Regards Jens "Tanim Islam" <tanim.islam at lra.ens.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e6opvm$sdp$1 at smc.vnet.net... | Hi, | | does anyone know if Mathematica implements scaled Bessel functions, or if | anyone has package files that implement them? Thanks. | | Tanim Islam | -- | Laboratorie de Radioastronomie | Ã?cole Normale SupÃ©rieure | 24, rue Lhomond | 75231 Paris CEDEX 05 |