Re: 3D Graphics suggestions?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg64732] Re: 3D Graphics suggestions?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 06:04:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

you should try MathGL3d form

or the commercial version 4.0.
If you have some problem with the old version from the link
above I will help you.

"Sensei" <senseiwa at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dtm6fh$hl0$1 at
| Hi!
| I'm new to Mathematica (5.2), and I find it
really wonderful, even
| though not always obvious :) My question is
| I need to plot multiple 3d graphic objects,
mainly lines with different
| color/thickness attributes, allowing some easy
manipulation, just zoom
| and rotations (pan is not necessary).
| I've found two packages, one is
SuperWidgetPackage, the other is
| MathGL3d. The problem is that none of them seem
to work correctly.
| SuperWidgetPackage can show 3d graphics, but it
seems to me attributes
| do not work. The other one, MathGL3d does not
even start when <<'ing
| the package showing a syntax error (I know, on
| there's writtne ``works with Mathematica 3.x and
4.0'', but I gave it a
| try...).
| Can you suggest a simple package for doing these
``interactive'' plots
| (or redirect me to a more appropriate newsgroup
if necessary)? I don't
| really need anything sophisticated... :)
| Thanks to anyone!
| --
| Sensei <senseiwa at>
| Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that,
once it is competently
| programmed and working smoothly, it is
completely honest. (Isaac Asimov)