Data acquisition via link for Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64903] Data acquisition via link for Excel
  • From: "Gilles" <w.m.derapper at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:11:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

I'm doing an internship at a company and I am just learning
mathematica. I have to use a Mathematica notebook written to simulate a
superconducting coil.
It all works very nice, except that you HAVE to change something in the
mathematica cell that retreives the information from excel before you
run it. I can simply give an enter and a backspace before I evaluate
the notebook. But because I have to run this simulation a couple times
a day with different parameters this gets quiet annoying.
So if there is anyone who knows how to work around this problem please
tell me.
Thanks for your trouble.

-Gilles