Re: Data acquisition via link for Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg64947] Re: [mg64903] Data acquisition via link for Excel
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 01:00:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Gilles,

> I'm doing an internship at a company and I am just learning
> mathematica. I have to use a Mathematica notebook written to
> simulate a superconducting coil.
> It all works very nice, except that you HAVE to change
> something in the mathematica cell that retreives the
> information from excel before you run it. I can simply give
> an enter and a backspace before I evaluate the notebook. But
> because I have to run this simulation a couple times a day
> with different parameters this gets quiet annoying.
> So if there is anyone who knows how to work around this
> problem please tell me.
> Thanks for your trouble.

It depends what you have to change ....

If you know the different parameters beforehand, you can use separate
notebooks for each parameter, or you can iterate over the parameters in a
single notebook.  The last is more automatic, but the first may be
prefereable if you have large notebooks with lots of calculations & graphs.

Regards,

Dave.