Re: Writing regular text?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg65141] Re: Writing regular text?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:30:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 3/14/06 at 5:59 AM, rex.eastbourne at gmail.com (Rex Eastbourne)
wrote:

>Just got started with Mathematica today. I know this is extremely
>basic, but is there a special mode to input regular text between
>mathematical expressions in a notebook? (i.e. as would be done on a
>homework assignment).

Sure. Probably the best would be to enter the text into a separate cell. When entering text go to Format->Style->Text to make the cell a text cell. Alternatively, type whatever you want, select the cell and use the same menu item to convert the cell to text. And if you do this a lot, you will want to use the keyboard shortcut to do this which is cmd-7 on a Mac.