Re: nearest neighbor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66184] Re: nearest neighbor
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 02:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

if you would like to find several nearest neighbors then you might want to
try a kd-Tree method. You will find the documenation here:

http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/imsTOC/Data%20Structures/TreesDocu.html

to download follow:
http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/

there is also a mailing list:

hth,

oliver

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> > Subject: [mg66184]  nearest neighbor
> >

> > Hello:
> >
> > I am in interested in finding the nearest neighbor for points
> > in a space whose dimension is greater than two.  How can I do
> > this in Mathematica without computing the distances between
> > all of the points? In particular, I am interested in
> > developing a Mathematica notebook for the false nearest
> > neighbor algorithm used in nonlinear time series analysis.
> >

> > Thank you for any help you can give to me.
> >

> > Chris Kulp
> >

> > Dr. Christopher W. Kulp, Ph.D.
> >
> > Assistant Professor of Physics
> >
> > Eastern Kentucky University