Root's third argument?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66220] Root's third argument?
- From: bradc355113 at yahoo.com
- Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 05:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The Root function seems to have an undocumented third argument--does
anyone know what it represents?
I ran into it while trying to use some replacement rules to replace
Root objects in an expression, and none of my "Root[f_,k_]" patterns
were matching, because Root has an invisible third argument that
doesn't show up in output.
I have a workaround, but I'm still curious.
Prev by Date:
Re: svg import
Next by Date:
Re: Beginner--Help on using FindRoot to solve the system of equations
Previous by thread:
Re: nearest neighbor
Next by thread:
Re: Root's third argument?