JLink : JavaNew Failure

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66250] JLink : JavaNew Failure
  • From: karenechu at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 05:03:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello, everyone,

I am very new to J/Link but I  have been fiddling with it for a while
but I just don't see what was wrong:

I wrote a hello world program in Java and compiled it and put it in a
folder. Then I tried to call it from Mathematica using:

Needs["JLink`"];
InstallJava[CommandLine->"home/usr/java/bin/java"];
AddToClassPath["home/myclasses"];
LoadJavaClass["test"];

All these go well with the new class path added and
JavaClass["test",9] as output to the last line, but when:

test1= JavaNew["test"];

Mathematica failed to created object because " there is no constructor
that takes zero arguments"   even though I put in an explicit
constructor that takes no argument.

I tried putting in a constructor taking an int as an argument and using

test1= JavaNew["test",1]; (after reinstalling Java etc)

but now the type of the argument is wrong.

I think the class is either not properly loaded or something, but I
just dont' know what is wrong!!
Please help!

Thanks a lot,
cheers,