Re: Mathematica 4.1 on ThinkPAD T40 - Exception ntdll.dll - any advice on how to fix?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66297] Re: Mathematica 4.1 on ThinkPAD T40 - Exception ntdll.dll - any advice on how to fix?
- From: "Steven Shippee" <droukas at comcast.net>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 00:46:36 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Steven Shippee" <slshippee at comcast.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I did not have a problem running it on an IBM Thinkpad 600X, but have since upgraded Mathematica to version 5.2. You might try viewing the log files in Event Viewer when Mathematica does choke on you - there may be some indication of which file is the problem. Steven Shippee "Monty Hall" <monty at hall.com> wrote in message news:e3f5u3$saj$1 at smc.vnet.net... >I just started working at a chemical company and they gave me a ThinkPad >T40 > laptop (with loads of security modification, etc - very very anal about > network access unlike my prev employer IBM). The machine is 256MB RAM > 1.5GHz Pentium M, WinXP SP2. > > I've installed Mathematica 4.1 and I keep getting an error report - to > many modules to list. When I run the command line version, the module > that seems to have a problem with math.exe is ntdll.dll. Any advice? > I'll look for some patches if there are any. This could also be the > company's mod's to the OS too. Still, any body have problems running > 4.1 on a T40 w/ XP?? > > Monty >