Re: Evaluating integrals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66268] Re: Evaluating integrals
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 01:54:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 5/5/06 at 5:03 AM, chris.chiasson at gmail.com (Chris Chiasson)
wrote:

>RE: the below commands Given the ouput of the second command, why
>does the third work?

><<Statistics`
>Information[ExpectedValue]
>ExpectedValue[Function[c,Exp[-r b c]],NormalDistribution[mu,s]]

My *guess* would be that one of packages other than Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics` has added additional definitions for ExpectedValue without modifying the help message provided by Statistics`DescriptiveStatistics` for ExpectedValue. I haven't actually reviewed the code inside the packages for ExpectedValue to either confirm or deny my guess.