Re: Save to Quicktime during calculations?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66290] Re: [mg66283] Save to Quicktime during calculations?
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 00:46:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Larry,

<snippage>

> Can I somehow direct the rendered output frames DIRECTLY to a
> QuickTime file (even if the file is not optimally
> compressed)?  Or, if that is not possible, can I direct the
> output to another type of  file format which some QuickTime
> editor can then process without too much pain?

With this vintage of Mathematica, you might try and redirect output to an
EPS file (look at Display[] in the online help), then use something like
Ghostview to convert the EPS frames to something (eg. JPG) that a modern
program can stitch into a full length movie.

> By the way, I am running Mathematica 2.2 on an iMac under the
> Classic emulator of OSX.

Wow!  Last time I used that was 1992 ....  Why not upgrade?  It's much much
better now.

Regards,

Dave.