creating a symbolic square symmetric matrix
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66321] creating a symbolic square symmetric matrix
- From: "ravi" <rv15i at yahoo.se>
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 02:35:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
First, I created a square matrix with the following command :
In the same style, I would like to create a symmetric matric where all
a[i, j] is replaced by a[j,i] for i>j. For i<=j, the coefficients
remain in place.
I tried to use the replace command :
This just interchanged the elements. I want this replacement only for
the lower or upper triangular matrix elements.
Would appreciate tips of doing a conditional substitution.
Prev by Date:
ODBC link in Mathematica
Next by Date:
License server issue
Previous by thread:
Re: ODBC link in Mathematica
Next by thread:
Re: creating a symbolic square symmetric matrix