Re: ODBC link in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66337] Re: [mg66317] ODBC link in Mathematica
- From: Benedetto Bongiorno <bbongiorno at attglobal.net>
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:33:32 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200605090635.CAA18538@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
mark at markscoleman.com wrote:
> I've been attempting to get use the ODBC/JDBC
> DatabaseLink functionality in Mathematica v5.2 to ready native database files
> constructed in SAS. I've gotten part of the way there but am still bumping
> into problems. I was wondering if anyone on MathGroup had experience using
> the ODBC capability in Mathematica and might be able to lend me some assistance
> off-line. I will glad post a summary of this back to MathGroup once I get
> things sorted out.
> Best regards,
I have used the ODBC capability in Data Base Access Kit for many years.
With the issuance of Mathematica V5.2,
many of the capabilities of the kit are not supported because of the
new Data Base Link add on in V5.2.. The new functionality is
based on JDBC.
The key to success is to make sure you have the current ODBC driver from
SAS. Without it nothing works.
Defining "bumping into problems", will be helpfull.
Prev by Date:
NDSolve system of partial eqn
Next by Date:
OT: simplex method
Previous by thread:
ODBC link in Mathematica
Next by thread:
creating a symbolic square symmetric matrix