Re: 3D surface plotting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66316] Re: 3D surface plotting
  • From: "Stratocaster" <stotz1 at verizon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 02:35:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"pratham shenai" <pratham_shenai at rediffmail.com> wrote in message
news:e3mjjm$7lf$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>I have a dataset of {x. y. z} coordinates comprising more than a thousand
> sample points. I want to generate the surface on which they all lie. The
> obvious choice for the function is ListSurfacePlot3D[data]. I load the
> appropriate package i.e. ExtendGraphics and try to execute the operation.
> Instead of getting the required surface I get the same dataset as output.
> Where am I making mistake? Even the ScatterPlot3D yields the same thing
> i.e the same dataset as output.=0AThe function Options[ExtendGraphics or
> ListSurfacePlot3D] yields a null set. Does this mean that Extend graphics
> has not been loaded while installing Mathematica? According to system
> admin everything has been loaded.

Of the top of my head, I noticed you have written {x.y.z}, you would not use
periods there, commas are necessary:  {x,y,z}.  Also if you have a large
set, set them equal to something and enclose the entire set in curly
brackets.  Then try plotting that something.  Like this:

dataset = { {x1,y1,z1},{x2,y2,z2},{x3,y3,z3}};
ListSurfacePlot3D[dataset,{xrange},{yrange},{zrange}]

Hopefully that helps.