Re: What does " 1.' " mean ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg66695] Re: What does " 1.' " mean ?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 03:52:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> Warning : I am a complete newbie at using Mathematica.
> I have used NSolve to solve systems of non linear equations, and it gives
> me results which look good except they contain several "1.'abc" where abc
> are parameters. (that's "one period apostrophe").
> I assume it's shorthand notation for something but I can't tell what, the
> Mathematica experts I might ask are all gone for a week and I can't find
> it in the book.
> Anyone know what it means ?
Indeed, the character is not an apostrophe ' but a back quote ` which
denotes in this case an arbitrary precision number. Have a look at the
section 3.1.4, "Numerical Precision, of the Mathematica Book at
Prev by Date:
Re: Output Table Format Change
Next by Date:
mathematica database link help
Previous by thread:
Adding a notebook (or folder) to the Mathematica Front End menus?
Next by thread:
RE: What does " 1.' " mean ?