Re: Re: M100: An Introduction To Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg66699] Re: [mg66669] Re: M100: An Introduction To Mathematica
  • From: Ed Peschko <esp5 at pge.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 03:52:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 04:17:44AM -0400, Paul Abbott wrote:
> In article <e53lpp$3v5$1 at smc.vnet.net>, misha <iamisha1 at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Since I don't have corporate backing, could you tell me of an affordable
> > alternative to these expensive seminars?
>
> If you go to
>
>   http://www.wolfram.com/services/education/
>
> you will see that,
>
>   As of April 12, 2006, Wolfram Education Group offers free, live,
>   online seminars to all Mathematica customers worldwide.
>
>   Taught by experienced Wolfram Research staff, these presentations are
>   given twice weekly. Users can sign up for a seminar through the
>   calendar.
>
>   The seminar series begins with S10: A Technical Overview of
>   Mathematica.
>
> The first free seminar with places available is on Jun 14.

Paul,

Since its free to mathematica customers, shouldn't it be possible to tape
it and host it on something like google video?

I know they have a pay-per-view type of service, but I don't know if they
have a password-protected service. I'm thinking something on the order
of:

    a) users calling mathematica with your key/receipt/proof-of-purchase
    b) getting a password for downloading these videos via google video.

That way, it would be a lot more convenient/informative for those of
us who would like to attend one of these seminars but for whatever
reason cannot. Its not quite equivalent to being there, but its
an acceptable alternative.

Ed