RE: mouse drage listener!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71417] RE: [mg71398] mouse drage listener!
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 04:30:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I assume that you are thinking about the "Get Graphics Coordinates"
mechanism, and on my Windows computer it is stated that "If you click on or
more times while holding down the Control key, the coordinates will be
selected. You can then copy and paste the coordinate value to an input
cell". You might also drag the mouse with left button pressed while holding
down the control key. There might be a slightly different procedure in other
computer systems.
There is also an undocumented way to read the coordinates by a Mathematica
command, and this is most easily achieved if the command and the graphics
cell are placed in different notebooks. If your clicked graphics is located
in a notebook specified by the notebook object nb, you simply do
NotebookRead[nb], and then the graphic coordinates are returned as a list of
points.
In my TaggedCells package (see http://web.telia.com/~u31815170/Mathematica/)
there is a command ReadMousePad, to both select a graphics cell, wait for
input and read the points entered. The requirement is that the graphics cell
has the CellTags option set.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl