question about options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg71436] question about options
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 04:41:07 -0500 (EST)

Consider a built-in function e.g. NIntegrate.

I want to get information about those options of NIntegrate that take
numeric values.
I use the following setting

Options[NIntegrate]
Cases[%, HoldPattern[a_ -> (b_)?NumericQ]]
(Information[Evaluate[#1[[1]]]] & ) /@ %;

I want now to get information about those options of NIntegrate that
take numeric values
as well their default setting is infinity.
I use the following setting (since NumericQ[Infinity]->False)

Options[NIntegrate]
Cases[%, HoldPattern[a_ -> (b_)?NumericQ | _DirectedInfinity]]
(Information[Evaluate[#1[[1]]]] & ) /@ %;

How is it possible tto get the same thing without the need of
specifying the Head DirectedInfinity?

Thanks
Dimitris