How can one produce the unevaluated effect that Mathematica uses on SetOptions and certain Integrate commands?

See Output 4. There is no HoldForm present. I want to know how to
shield things from the evaluator so that I am able to return the input
(exactly as given). Thank you.

In[1]:=
System`Dump`$MessagesInHelpBrowserAreKnown=False;
debug`f[blah_]:=Unevaluated[debug`f[blah]]
debug`f[1]