Re: Is it possible to "pre-evaluate" parts of pure function?

Thanks a lot for all answers (including emails). I suppose the correct
solution

SetOptions[f, MultiplierFunction -> (Evaluate[const #] &)]

escaped me due to my lack of understanding of the pure function (body)&
syntax. As Jon McLoone points out, "the Evaluate needs to be on the
argument of Function not around the outside of it"

Philipp