RE: Co-Displaying Combinatorica and Graphics Objects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69279] RE: [mg69251] Co-Displaying Combinatorica and Graphics Objects
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 05:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bruce,

Why don't you give us a complete specific example so that we don't have to
make one up? That increases the change of obtaining an answer.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Bruce Colletti [mailto:vze269bv at verizon.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Re Mathematica 5.2.0.0 under WinXP.

Let G1 be a (Combinatorica) Graph object (e.g., G1 = FromOrderedPairs[...]).

Let G2 be any Graphics object, e.g., G2 = Graphics[...].

I want to display G1 and G2 side-by-side via Show@GraphicsArray@{G1, G2},
but can't figure it out:

- G1 isn't a Graphics object (and so my command fails).

- I can display G1 via G3 = ShowGraph@G1, but then Show@GraphicsArray@{G3,
G2} fails (G3 is a symbol).

- Hoping to piece together a Graphics object from FullGraphics@G1, I am
stumped by the embedded Rule object.

Any ideas on how to display these two objects in an array?

Thankx.

Bruce