Re: Dot Product in Cylindrical Coordinates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69285] Re: Dot Product in Cylindrical Coordinates
  • From: p-valko at tamu.edu
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 05:30:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

No Hodge star here, but if you mean by dot product the product of their
Cartesian lengths multiplied by the Cos of the angle between them, then

In[1]:=
<< "Calculus`VectorAnalysis`"
vcar1=CoordinatesToCartesian[{1, Pi/4, 0},Cylindrical];
vcar2=CoordinatesToCartesian[ {2, 0, 1},Cylindrical];
vcar1.vcar2//InputForm

Out[4]//InputForm=
Sqrt[2]

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net