xvnc Mathematica menu fonts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69532] xvnc Mathematica menu fonts
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:57:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hey,
I'm running Mathematica under xvnc, and while the window titles and
Mathematica expressions look okay, the menu text comes out in outlined
boxes. Here is a screenshot from vncviewer:

http://chris.chiasson.name/temp/xvnc_fonts_problem.png

Also, the expression text seems different than on Windows - I don't
know how to describe it.

AFAIK, this is different from the situation mentioned in that
webMathematica help and FAQ files, where Mathematica can't find its
own fonts.

Any ideas on how to feed xvnc (or Mathematica, or whatever) the
correct fonts are appreciated.

All help warmly welcomed.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/