RE: plotting multidimensional arrays

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69577] RE: [mg69547] plotting multidimensional arrays
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 03:50:08 -0400 (EDT)

I always like to use Part rather than the double bracket notation because it
is more specific, easier to read, and avoids the kind of problem you ran
into.

cc = Table[0, {i, 500}, {j, 500}];
Part[cc, 1, 2] := 20

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: mickey [mailto:micky at hotmail.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,

I have a list of numbers,
cc(1,2)=20
cc(1,3)=45

and so on. I would like to plot it as a 3 dimensional plot, with the
index as x and y and the value as the z value but I am having trouble
doing that. Here is what I was trying. I create the array first,

cc=Table[0,{i,500},{j,500}];

This works fine. Then I assign the values for the elements.

cc[[1]][[2]]=20;

But here I get an error.

What am I doing wrong?

THanks,