Re: Calculation of a very ugly integral

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69580] Re: Calculation of a very ugly integral
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 03:50:15 -0400 (EDT)

In article <eee2m7$6vm$1 at smc.vnet.net>, ss54 at york.ac.uk wrote:

> Is there any way to compute numerically with Mathematica the very ugly
> integral in Equation 2.1 in the paper below?
>
> http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/26704/http:zSzzSzwww.ma.utexas.edu
> zSzmp_arczSzczSz01zSz01-178.pdf/boos01evaluation.pdf

Why would you want, or even try, to compute the integral numerically?
The paper gives an algorithmic approach for computing the integrals.
Moreover, the authors of the paper used Mathematica (see comment after
equation (6.37)) to assist with such computations. I would suggest that
you contact the authors directly for more information.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)
AUSTRALIA                               http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul