Re: Re: Why is the negative root?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69732] Re: [mg69656] Re: Why is the negative root?
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:34:21 -0400 (EDT)
On 20 Sep 2006, at 20:21, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

> The key word is "root isolation".

As has been, quite rightly, pointed out that's clearly two words.
Since I think I can still count to 2 without help from Mathematica
(but clearly not much more since recently I got completely stuck
trying to add a 10% tip to a restaurant bill, and the situation was
saved only when a friend explained to the waiter that I was a
mathematician), so I suspect that the problem lies in that I must
have subconsciously adopted the Mathematica somewhat Germanic custom
of joining words together and thinking of them as a single word;
hence "RootIsolation", etc.

Andrzej Kozlowski