How to make a progress bar?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg69964] How to make a progress bar?
  • From: "Andrey B." <bezov at gorodok.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 06:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
Does anybody know how to force Mathematica to put symbols in one
continuous line by repeatedly call the operator (say Print[]). If we
call Print["a"] twice - we get two lines, and I want one line "a,a"

It is common question when I do something like

Do[
MyFunction; (*Complicated and Very long*)
Print["."] (*printed dot makes me know that an iteration has done*)
,{imax}]

I get many lines with dot and I want ONE progress bar line growing,
like

but not