Re: Solving periodic functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74959] Re: Solving periodic functions
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:56:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David,

your example is trivial: 6Cos[x]-5Cos[x]== Cos[x]==0.

However, you probably meant to write something more sophisticated, like

e.g. Sin[x]-Cos[x]==0. These are transcendental functions and are by no

means elementary. Especially if you want all the solutions. You can try

e.g. Reduce:

Reduce[{ Sin[x]==Cos[x]},x]

Daniel