Re: Eliminate white border around DensityPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg75207] Re: [mg75156] Eliminate white border around DensityPlot?
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

Here you are:

(MMA 5.2 Kernel) In[1]:=

(MMA 5.2 Kernel) In[2]:=

Back story (may not be correct, but I think it is):

One reason this workaround is needed is that Mathematica's plotting
routines will add a border around any graphics primitive unless the
containing Graphics object has a non-Automatic PlotRange option.

Also, Graphics ignores directives like PlotRange when converting
ContourGraphics objects, meaning one must add (or modify) the
PlotRange after the conversion to regular graphics objects.