Re: activate more than one core in Mathematica 6.0 (for win)?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg79797] Re: activate more than one core in Mathematica 6.0 (for win)?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 06:03:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
kristoph wrote: > Hi, > > How can Mathematica 6.0 use more than one core of a quad core cpu > under Windows Vista? During calculations the system requires only 25 % > of its capacity. This implies that it uses only one of the four cores. > > Thanks for answer, > Kristoph You could try to increase the value of the system variable OMP_NUM_THREADS to 4. See the following thread for detail, "Performance--Dual Core" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/17751112a337a3c2/a78b9f2c7c64094e?lnk=gst&q=OMP_NUM_THREADS&rnum=2#a78b9f2c7c64094e Regards, Jean-Marc